Six Incredible Miracles That Just Saved My Life After My Robotic Knee Replacement. By Super Scout Max Emfinger!

Six Incredible Miracles That Just Saved My Life After My Robotic Knee Replacement.
By Super Scout Max Emfinger!

For 47 Years, I have been a Football Talent Super Scout and I have always been looking for The Unbelievable “Under The Recruiting Radar Football Talent” For The NFL or For College Football Coaches. When you are a Football Talent Scout, you rarely go to an Office, for work, every day, like most other Business Men, but most of the time, I would be going To Another Football Stadium To Try and find Another Super-Star That is Currently “Under The Recruiting Radar” and then Evaluate Him and Rate and Rank Him.

So on most every Thursday and Friday Night, I would Find The Best High School Football Game, Irregardless of Distance from my Home, and then I would be on The Sideline at The Start of The Game and Searching for That “Under The Radar Super-Star” in that Game.

In Searching for That “Under The Radar Super-Star” I might Walk-Around that Football Stadium Five or Six Times on a Thursday and Friday Night and Some Times on Saturday. While Walking-Around A Stadium for 1,000 or More Times, My Knees Took Really “Hard-Work” Toward Serious Arthritis.

After 44-Years, I was having a really “Hard-Time” Even-Walking, much less Walking Around a Stadium on a Thursday or Friday Night and all of my All-American Bowl Game Coaches wanted me to have a Couple Knee Replacements. I always knew that The Knee Replacements Might be able To-Help me walk, but I was always afraid that it might “Go-Wrong” and I would not be able to “Even-Walk” and so I kept “Putting-It-Off” Until Later.

Then, after 45-Years, I decided to “Go-Ahead” and have a Knee-Replacement on my Right Knee. I was Supposed to have my Surgery on February 12, but one of my Doctors forgot To Mail his Approval Info to Doctor Jared L. Braud, my Knee Replacement Doctor and it caused me to have To Have My Surgery on February 14 which was St Valentines Day.

Image result for Doctor Jared Braud Photos

SIDEBAR: Although My Stryker Mako Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement Surgery Was on February 14, I Was Not Able to Send an Email Until April 14. This Robotic System Gave Dr. Braud (In Photo) More Accuracy When He Placed My Knee Implant and Was Able To Customize His Surgical Plans On Me, Based on My Bone Anatomy and Diagnosis. Oh Yeah! After Two Months, I had 4,807 Emails To Answer or Delete.

Image result for Robotic Knee Replacement Photos

First Miracle

My Son Eric and I were Very Excited when The Covington St Paul Baseball Team Declared That They would Honor Their 1999 Louisiana 4A State Baseball Championship With a 20-Year Reunion on Saturday, March 16, in Covington, Louisiana. Eric Got “The Winning Walk-Off Double” in The Bottom of The Seventh Inning To-Win The 1999 Louisiana State Baseball Championship.

In the Bottom of The Seventh Inning, of The Louisiana 4A State Baseball Championship Game, Andrew Mauldin, Head Coach Rick Mauldin’s Son, Doubled with two outs, bringing-up our #3 Batter Chuck Hickman. Instead of pitching to Hickman, who was also The Louisiana All-State Shortstop, Baton Rouge Woodlawn Head Coach Dru Nettles decided to Intentionally Walk him and pitch to Eric, who was The #4 Cleanup Batter And The Louisiana All-State First Basemen.

Hickman is one of the best players in The State of Louisiana and I felt that we needed to Intentionally Walk him and pitch to Emfinger,” said Coach Dru Nettles. “It would also give us a chance for a force-out at any base.”

So Eric came to the plate in the bottom of The Seventh Inning with the game tied at 3-3 and The Game-Winning Run on Second Base with two outs. Before Eric got to the plate, Woodlawn changed Pitchers, and two or three of his St Paul’s Teammates had a little break in-time and they embraced Eric and collectively said: “This is the reason that you came here to St Paul’s and you know exactly what to do!”

The Woodlawn Pitcher tried to throw Eric some outside pitches, but he definitely did not want to give Eric anything good to hit. Then, on a 2-2 count, the Woodlawn Pitcher threw a ball way-outside, trying to get Eric to go for it, but Eric reached out and hit a double to the Opposite Left-Field that brought in Garrett Acquistapace, who was a Pinch-Runner for Andrew Mauldin, with “The Game-Winning-Walkoff Run” and a 4-3 victory and The Louisiana 4A State Baseball Championship.

As Coach Rick Mauldin said: “This was The Dream and Miracle of a Lifetime, but for Eric Emfinger, It Was Ever So Very, Very Special.”

Eric (In Photo) With Three Trophies After Helping Lead The Houma Southland Hogs To The 1999 NABF National World Series Championship. His Two Trophies and MVP Plaque Included The World Series Most Valuable Player, Best Batting Average, and Most RBI’s.

I was Really Excited and I thought that I would be Walking Around After my February 14 Right Knee Replacement. My Son, Eric, Lives just outside of Oklahoma City, in Moore, Oklahoma, but His Wife, Jennifer and 2-Year Old Son, “Little Max” Would be Driving To Plaquemine on Friday March 15 and then We-All would be Driving to Covington on Saturday For The Reunion.

SIDEBAR: This First Miracle Will Be Obvious and It Will Be Explained In The Third Miracle!

Second Miracle

Being Able To Use Dr. Jared L. Braud As My Surgeon And Able To Use The Stryker Mako Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement System In My Surgery Was an Obvious Miracle. Dr. Braud did a Fabulous Job in Replacing my Right Knee and He Found-Out that my Old Knee was one of The Worst Arthritic Knees that he had ever Seen, But Dr. Braud Was Able To Customize His Surgical Plans On Me, Based on My Bone Anatomy and Diagnosis.

After about 45 Days, I Am Walking-Around with a Brand-New Stryker Mako Robotic Right Knee, But I Am Not Looking Forward To Replacing My Left Knee, Next Year. 

Third Miracle

My First 30 Days After My Ninth Major Surgery!

After My Knee Replacement Surgery and While I Was Still in The Hospital, My Current Pain Medicine Was Not Working and so My Pain Medicine Was Up-Graded. So Then, when we got Home, it Was Very Difficult For My Wife Ginger (In Photo) and Me To-Know Exactly Which Medicines To-Give Me. Consequently, For About Three or Four Days, I Was In a Fog and Out of It. I Could Hardly Get-Up Out Of Bed and I Missed My First Weekly of Therapy.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

SIDEBAR: After The First Few Days, Ginger Was Unbelievable In-Taking-Care Of Me. She Also Took Care Of Me In Other Surgeries, Including A Double Lung Surgery, Open-Heart Surgery, Prostate Cancer Surgery, and Double Kidney Stone Surgery, but none of These Surgeries were as Bad To Take-Care of as This Knee Replacement and Ginger Was Just Incredible.

Then, In Exactly 30 Days from my Surgery, I was able to go to my Moreau Therapy Workout, but after a Very Rough Night, I Nearly Passed-Out as I Started my Workout, but My Two Great Physical Therapists, Colleen Wilbert and Amanda Sanchez, Along with Their Three Great Assistants Paige Chustz, Jeralyn LeJeune, and Randi Seneca, Immediately Rushed Me To The Nearby Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room.

Related imageAfter Running a Lot of Tests, Including a CT or CAT Scan Which Allows The Doctors to see Inside My Body. This CT or CAT Scan Uses a Combination of X-rays and Computer to Create My Inside My Body Information.

After Spending About Six Hours and After Running All of These Tests, Several Emergency Room Doctors Did Not Find Anything Wrong Except An “Over-Zealous” Activity in My Rehab. And so, My Wife Ginger (In Photo),  and I Were Sent Home. This Was On Thursday, March 14 and Ironically, Exactly 30 Days After My Right Knee Surgery, and This Day is Really Important To Remember!

The Next Day, on Friday March 15, Everything Seemed To Go Great, Until I Went To Bed At Midnight. Oh Yes. Eric, Jennifer, and  “Little Max” Arrived From Moore, Oklahoma at Around 10:00, Just Before We All Went To Bed.

As Ginger Helped Me Get Into Bed, I Turned-Over and I Experienced The Most Escruciating Pain in My Stomach That I Had Ever Had and I Experienced This Severe Pain, All Night. This Severe Pain Was in The Lower-Right Side of My Abdomen. I Got-Up Saturday Morning and I Was Still Hurting Really Bad and So I Was Unable To-Go To The Covington St Paul 1999 Louisiana State Championship 20-Year Reunion.

When Eric Got Back Home From The Covington St Paul 20-Year Reunion, Ginger and I Had An Unbelievably Great Time, Playing With “Little Max” but I Was Still Hurting With Severe Pain and The Strange Thing Was That We Had Absolutely No Clue As To What Was Causing This Pain.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Jennifer Emfinger and Eric Maxwell Emfinger, people smiling, baby and closeup

Eric and Jennifer Had Planned To-Go To New Orleans, For The Day, On Sunday, But Eric Decided Instead, To Take His Dad To The Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room And Try To Find Out What Was Causing The Severe Pain To His Dad and This Was The Third Miracle, Because Since Ginger and I Had Just Been To The Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room Only Three Days Before, We Probably Would Have Never Gone Back.

Fourth Miracle

So Eric and I Got To Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room Around 1:00 P.M. on Sunday, March 17. As we Checked-In, We Were Given The Same Emergency Room That I Had on The Previous Thursday, All Of The Nurses and Doctor Aids Started Saying: Are You Back Here Again?

emergency room hospital

The Unique Thing Was That I Got The Same Exact Emergency Room That I Had On The Previous Thursday and I Went Through The Same Exact Tests, Including Another CT /CAT Scan Which Allows The Doctors to see Inside My Body. The CT/CAT Scan Uses a Combination of X-rays and Computers to Help Create “A Look-See” To The Inside Of My Body For Information.

This Time, However, There Was One Difference In The CT /CAT Scan. Before I Did My CT/CAT Scan, I Drank About A Gallon of Water, With A Special Liquid Inside, So As To Enable The Doctors To See During The X-Rays.

This CT/CAT Scan Started Around 4:00 And It Was Going To take About Two Hours For The Results To Be Ready. The Only Difference In The Tests on Thursday and The Tests on Sunday Was The Special Liquid In The Water, But Eric and I were Preparing To Go Home At Around 7:00.

Eric and I Were Shocked When One Of The Doctors Came Back Into My Room and Announced To Us: “You Guys Are Not Going Home Tonight, Because You Are Having an Emergency Appendicitis Attack.

Oh Yes! My Tenth Major Surgery Is Coming!

SIDEBAR: There Is No Mistaking That This Appendicitis Type of Escruciating Pain Is a Very Intensifying Pain and If Left Untreated, This Pain Will Quickly Become So Severe That You Will Not Be Able To Participate in Normal Activities. This Was Definitely A Medical Emergency and Should Seek Immediate Medical Treatment.

“We Need To Operate Tonight, If Possible, But If Not, Then, Tomorrow Morning. We Do Not Have a Doctor at Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room Tonight, But Baton Rouge General Hospital Has a Doctor, On Call, Tonight and He Might Be Able To Operate Tonight.”

So I Was Put Into An Ambulance and Rushed To The Baton Rouge General Hospital, About 10 Miles Away. Finding-Out That My Severe Pain Was Because of A Pending Emergency Appendicitis Attack Was The Fourth Miracle.  A Burst Appendix Could Be Life Threatening and Doctors Must Remove it Immediately to Avoid Toxicity. The Most Obvious Sign of an Appendicitis Attack is Severe Pain in The Lower-Right Side of The Abdomen.

Since I Still Was Recovering From A Right Knee Replacement, If The Appendix Burst, It Would Damage My Whole Body With Infections and Especially Sending Some Damaging Infections To My Right Knee.

Fifth Miracle

Appendicitis Illustration

An Emergency Appendectomy (In Photo) is The Surgical Removal of The Appendix. It Is a Common Emergency Surgery That Is Performed to Treat Emergency Appendicitis, An Inflammatory Condition of The Appendix.

The Appendix is a Small, Tube-Shaped Pouch Attached to The Large Intestine. It Is Located in The Lower Right Side of The Abdomen. The Exact Purpose of The Appendix Is Not Known. 

When The Appendix Becomes Inflamed and Swollen, A Lot of Bacteria Can Quickly Multiply Inside The Appendix and Will Lead to The Formation Of Dangerous Pus. This Buildup of Bacteria and Pus Can Cause Severe Pain Around The Belly-Button That Will Spreads to The Lower Right Section of The Abdomen.

It Is Extremely Important to Seek Treatment Immediately If You Are having These Symptoms of Appendicitis and When These Conditions Go Untreated, The Appendix Can Burst and Release Dangerous Bacteria Throughout The Body. This Can Be Life-Threatening.

When The Ambulance Got To The Baton Rouge General Hospital Emergency Room and I Was Carried Through The Emergency Door, Several Emergency Room Nurses and Aids Were Asking Me: “Are You Back Again?”

There Was A Doctor At The Baton Rouge General Hospital who was On Call, but We Did Not Know Who It Was and we Also Did Not Know Whether He Could Do An Emergency Appendectomy!

After Waiting In The Emergency Room For About An Hour, Ginger and I Were Escorted To The Operating Prep Room For Me To Receive An Emergency Appendectomy! This Was The Fifth Miracle.

Sixth Miracle

As Ginger and I Got To The Baton Rouge General Hospital Operating Room, We Still Did Not Know Who My Surgeon Was Going To Be and Then, All of a Sudden, This Familiar Looking Doctor Entered The Prep Room. This Doctor Looked Really Familiar, But He Had On His Operating Clothes-On and Both Ginger and I Did Not Immediately Recognize him. I Also Had On A Hospital Gown and Hospital Cap and He Also Did Not Initially Recognize Me.

Then, After a Few Minutes, We Both Recognized Each Other. It Was Doctor Dhaval Adhvaryu. Dr. Adhvaryu (In Photo) and My Son Eric Were Both Groomsmen In The Wedding of My Nephew Pat Huesmann and His New Wife, Samantha Adams Huesmann. Also, The Wedding Was At The Dr. Adhvaryu Mansion/Ranch/Home In Baton Rouge.

Image result for Doctor Dhaval Adhvaryu Photos

So Having A Personal Friend To Perform My Emergency Appendectomy Was An Unbelievable Sixth Miracle.

Eric Had Spent Sunday Night At Our House In Plaquemine, After Being With Me At The Ochsner’s Medical Center Emergency Room For Most Of The Day, on Sunday And He Had Planned To Go Back Home on Monday.

Dr. Adhvaryu Had Told Ginger After the Surgery That He Would Check-In On Me At Around 11:00 A.M. On Monday Morning. I Was Hoping That Eric And Dhaval Would Get To See Each Other Again, but I Was Not Sure When Both Of Them Would Get To My Hospital Room.

Another Miracle Happened When Dr Adhvaryu Knocked On My Hospital Door At 11:10 and Eric Came-In at 11:20, Followed By Jennifer and “Little Max” at Around 11:30.




About maxemfingerrecruiting

My mission and goal is to search for that hidden high school football talent that has not been found yet. I then evaluate him and try to help him to get some publicity. In 2003, 2004, 2005. and 2006, I hosted my Annual 7on7 National Championship. My goal was to get great athletes to one area where I could evaluate them and then help them with college coaches. The only drawback was that college coaches wanted to see the hidden gems in a game-type highlight film and so the college coaches suggested to me that I host a real All-American Bowl Game so that they could view these talented players in a highlight film, playing against other talented players. It's noted that the NCAA doesn't allow the college coaches to attend All-American Games or practices and so the Game Film is a great tool for the college coaches. In 2005, I hosted my 1st Annual All-American Bowl Game. In nine games in nine years, my wife and I have helped 549 HS football players to get a scholarship that came to our first Bowl Game practice without a single scholarship offer. This also does not count over 1,000 players who we have helped that did not play in our game, including over 100 players in the 2010 Recruiting Season. My Super Elite Top Gun Camp idealogy, is of course, to get as many Top Football Players to a Top Gun Camp so that all of my coaches and I can evaluate them, rate them, rank them, and promote them. There will always be "Diamonds in the Rough" to be found. My First Annual Max Emfinger's Super Elite Top Gun Camp was in July of 2010. The Camp was amazing and loaded with unknown and known talent. Many of them were invited to play in our 2011 All-American Bowl Game Classic. In 2007, in my 3rd Annual All-American Bowl Game, a player by the name of Kareem Jackson came to our first Monday practice, without a single scholarship offer. Jackson decided to come out early and he became a #1 Draft Choice in the 2010 NFL Draft for the Houston Texans.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s