ALL-AMERICAN HS FOOTBALL SUPER 16
SKILL MVP PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – FIVE AND SIX
Recruiting Coordinator, North Texas, 1972-73, Denton, TX
Football Super Scout, Dallas Cowboys, 1975-76, Dallas, TX
Founder of MEARS PLAYER RATING SYSTEM, 1979, Dallas, TX
Founder of First HS Football Recruiting Service, 1979, Houston, TX
Founder of First Super Select Baseball Team, 1990, Houston, TX
Founder of First 7on7 National Championship, 2001, Houston, TX
Founder of HS All-American Bowl Game, 2005, Shreveport, LA
Founder of Super Elite Top Gun Combine, 2007, Honolulu, HI
Super Scout, Lestini Free Agent Combine, 2013, Mobile, AL
This year, I have become Twitter Friends with many of these High School Football Super-Star Football Players, and so I have decided to go back to my Selection of High School Football Dandy Dozen Skill MVP Players Of Week.
Each Week, I will Select the Super 16 Skill High School Football Players of the Week. One of my Rules, in the Past is that to be Selected, you have got to Win Your Game, unless the Performance of the Player was so Sensational, I could not overlook them.
I have just Counted 196 Players that I Follow and they also Follow Me on my Max Emfinger Scout Twitter Account. I am sure that there are probably Another 30-40 Players that Follow me on Twitter.
SPECIAL MVP BACK OF THE WEEK
1. On Oct 7 – Senior QB Levi Lewis (5-11, 184, 4.45) of Scotlandville, Louisiana was Sensational in a 24-21 Victory over Zachary, Louisiana. I was at this Game and I was just as Shocked as Everyone when Lewis Raced, Up-The-Middle, on a 95-Yard Touchdown on the First Play From Scrimmage. Later in the First Quarter, Lewis again Raced Up-The-Middle for a 21-Yard Touchdown. Then in the Third Quarter, Lewis ran 51-Yards for another Touchdown. Lewis put the Icing-On-Cake, by throwing the Winning 14-Yard Touchdown Pass with 8 Seconds Left in the Game, to Win one of the Biggest Games of the Year in the State of Louisiana.
In this Game, Lewis Completed 5 of 11 Passes for 125-Yards and a Touchdown. Lewis also Rushed for 235-Yards and Three Touchdowns, giving him 360-Yards of Total Offense and all Four Touchdowns. Lewis is ULL Verbal Commit. Lewis Twitter: @FirstLevi
1. On Sept 30 – Senior QB Jacobi Scott (5-11, 175, 4.6, 32) of Walker, Louisiana had a Great Game in a 62-16 Victory over Napoleonville Assumption as Scott (#10) Completed 20 of 28 Passes for 398-Yards and Five Touchdowns. Scott Twitter: @JacobiScott1
2. On Oct 7 – Senior QB Myles Brennan (6-3, 185) of Bay St Louis St Stanislaus, Mississippi Completed 8 of 12 Passes for 224-Yards and Five Touchdowns and he also Rushed for another 36-Yards, giving him 260-Yards of Total Offense in a 56-14 Victory over Bay High School. A couple Weeks ago, Brennan (#12) broke the Mississippi All-Time High School Career Passing Record with 12,801-Yards and he now has 13,203 Career Passing Yards. Brennan is LSU Verbal Commit. Brennan Twitter: @MylesBrennan12
1. On Sept 30 – Senior QB Nick Gerber (6-2, 185, 4.5, 32) of Leveland, Texas had an Unbelievable Game in a 55-2 District Game Victory over Snyder, Texas. In this Game, Gerber Completed 25 of 37 Passes for 421-Yards and Five Touchdowns; plus he also Rushed for another 100-Yards and another Two Touchdowns, giving him Seven Touchdowns and an Incredible 521-Yards of Total Offense. In Five Games this Season, Gerber has Passed for 2,081-Yards and a Mind-Boggling 35 Touchdowns with only one Interception. Gerber Twitter: @Nick15Gerb
2. On Sept 30 – Junior QB Tahj Magee (6-0, 180, 4.5, 36) of Franklinton, Louisiana had an Outstanding Game in a 42-27 Victory over Church Point. In this Game, Magee (#6) Completed 13 of 24 Passes for 274-Yards and Four Touchdowns. He also Rushed for another 90-Yards and another Touchdown on 12 Carries, giving him 364-Yards of Total Offense and Five Touchdowns in the Victory. Magee Twitter: @TM6Vital
3. On Sept 30 – Senior QB Patrick Arnold (6-4, 200, 4.6) of Baton Rouge Tara had a “Break-Out” Game in a 22-14 Victory over Pine Prairie, Louisiana. In this Game, Arnold Completed 13 of 24 Passes for 273-Yards and a Touchdown to RB/Slot Back Larry Green (5-9, 181, 4.42). Arnold also Rushed for another 65-Yards, giving him 338-Yards of Total Offense. Arnold Twitter: @um_thouroghbred
4. On Sept 30 – Senior Kadon Harrison (6-3, 190, 4.56, 36) of Port Arthur Memorial, Texas had a Great Game for hos Dad and Head Coach, Coach Kenny Harrison, as he Completed 17 of 25 Passes for 282-Yards and Six Touchdowns. Harrison (#1) also Rushed for another 38-Yards and a Touchdown on only Four Carries, giving him Seven Touchdowns and 320-Yards of Total Offense in a 62-0 Victory over Beaumont Ozen. Coach Kenny Harrison was One of my High School All-Americans, coming out of High School. Harrison is ULL Verbal Commit. Harrison Twitter: @KadonHarrison
ALL-PURPOSE RUNNING BACK
1. Sept 30 – Junior RB Anthony “Pooka” Williams (5-9, 165, 4.4) of Boutte Hahnville, Louisiana was Sensational in a Thrilling 43-42 Victory over Lafayette St Thomas More. In this Game, Williams (#7) Rushed for 140-Yards and Two Touchdowns on 15 Carries. He also Caught Four Passes for another 109-Yards, giving him 249-Yards of Total Offense and Three Touchdowns. The Amazing part was that he had Two 80-Yard Touchdowns. He had an 80-Yard Touchdown Run in the Second Quarter and an 80-Yard Touchdown Catch in the Fourth Quarter. Williams Twitter: @laapookaaa
1. On Sept 23 – Senior RB Joshua Fields (5-10, 200, 4.38) of El Paso Americas, Texas had a Mind-Boggling Game #5 in a 24-21 Victory over El Paso Coronado, Texas. In this District Game, Fields Rushed for 464-Yards on 35 Carries and Scored all three Touchdowns on Runs of 78-Yards, 74-Yards, and 64-Yards. Fields (#21) holds a 3.9 GPA and he Squats an Amazing 575-Pounds. Fields has Offers from UTEP, AFA, and New Mexico. Fields Twitter: @JoshFields21
2. On Sept 30 – Junior RB Tamerik Williams (6-1, 190, 4.33, 38, 4.17) of Angleton, Texas was Incredible in a 35-30 Victory over Victoria East. In this Huge District Game, Williams Rushed for an Unbelievable 368-Yards and Three Touchdowns on only 21 Carries. Williams (#21) could have been listed as a Special Running Back, because on his First Two Touches, he Scored on Touchdown Runs of 92-Yards and 97-Yards. Williams Twitter: @_twilliams21
3. On Oct 7 – Senior RB Tony Huey (5-8, 200, 4.5) of Baton Rouge Dunham had a Sensational Game in a 47-40 Victory over East Feliciana. In that Game, Huey (#2) Rushed for an Incredible 323-Yards and 3 Touchdowns on 28 Carries. Huey Twitter: @ykbabyyy
4. On Oct 7 – Senior RB Kennedy Brooks (6-0, 195, 4.4) of Mansfield, Texas had an Awesome District Game in a 43-14 Victory over Arlington, Texas. In this Game, Brooks Rushed for 263-Yards and Three Touchdowns on 27 Carries. Brooks (#5) is Oklahoma Verbal Commit. Brooks Twitter: @offenseofmind
5. On Oct 7 – Senior RB Derrick Wells (5-5, 165, 4.4, 38, 4.16) of Livonia, Louisiana had an Unbelievable District Game in a 42-2 Victory over Baton Rouge Tara. In this Game, Wells (#5) Rushed for 220-Yards and Four Touchdowns. Wells Twitter: @DerrickWellsJr1
SPECIAL PLAY RUNNING BACK
1. On Oct 1 – Senior RB Takulve Williams of New Orleans St Augustine, Louisiana had an Incredible Game in helping his Team to a Come-From-Behind 25-18 Victory over New Orleans Brother Martin. With only 6 Seconds Left in the Game, Williams Returned a Punt 90-Yards for the Winning Touchdown. Williams had already Tied the Game at 18-18 on an Unbelievable 98-Yard Kickoff Return after Brother Martin had taken an 18-12 Lead. Williams Twitter: @takulue7_
SPECIAL TWO-WAY BACK
1. On Sept 30 – Senior RB Michael Anderson (6-0, 190, 4.45) of Chatom Anderson County, Alabama had a Great Game in a 42-8 Victory over Chickasaw, Alabama. In this Game, Anderson was Sensational on both sides of the Football.On Offense, Anderson Rushed for 148-Yards and Two Touchdowns. On Defense, Anderson Recorded 5 Solo Tackles, 7 Assisted Tackles, and an Interception that he Returned 96-Yards, giving him 244-Yards of Total Yardage, Two Touchdowns, and a Two-Point Conversion.
2. On Oct 7 – Junior RB Tyrese Walker (5-9, 175, 4.38, 40) of Baton Rouge Madison Prep had an Incredible Game in a 54-0 Victory over Baton Rouge Northwest. This Unbelievable Junior Two-Way Player Scored on a Nine-Yard Touchdown Run, Returned a Punt 65-Yards for a Touchdown, and ran an Interception 79-Yards for another Touchdown. Walker (#2) did all of this in the First Quarter, giving Madison Prep a 34-0 Lead and then Coasted to their 54-0 Victory. Walker Twitter: @babe2raw
1. On Sept 30 – Senior WR Jamarian Crain (5-9, 165, 4.46) of Franklinton, Louisiana has been an Outstanding Cornerback, but on Friday, as a Wide Receiver, he Caught Six Passes for 196-Yards and Two Touchdowns in a 42-27 Victory over Church Point. After Losing 3-Yards on a Running Play, Crain (#18) Ended with 193-Yards of Total Offense. Crain Twitter: @Jamarian_Crain
2. On Sept 30 – Senior WR Terrell Warner (6-0, 180, 4.4, 40, 4.2) of Walker, Louisiana had a Tremendous Game in the 62-16 Victory over Assumption as Warner (#4) Caught Eight Passes for 185-Yards and Four Touchdowns in the Victory. Warner Twitter: @Terrell_Warner